Are you a code ninja looking for an exciting opportunity in Brighton? Well, you might be in luck! We are Creative Blend, a small team of creatives, foodie aficionados, passionate about delivering excellent results for our clients and supporting local charities in our community.
As a team, we have known each other for many years working across many projects and businesses. This has allowed us to build a business that really focuses on relationships with our clients and our own internal team.
We offer our clients a range of services from design through to app development, so there will be plenty of room to develop your own understanding of each of these skills from a selection of the most creative digital experts around.
Job Overview: Junior front end developer
Full time, perm (working 37.5hrs/week)
This role is set for an individual who will happily apply him or herself to a position that offers an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a growing digital business with a strong ethical background.
We look for the best people – positive-minded, enthusiastic, bright, and creative individuals. Our developers are expected to be ‘user-first developers’ someone who takes pride in the decisions made in each development and builds with the user in mind.
The ideal candidate needs to be a motivated, quick self-learner, but also be able to take instruction and be comfortable working well with others.
- Excellent working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3, including responsive design and graceful degradation techniques
- Experience with server-side coding in PHP
- Experience with WordPress (1 year minimum)
- Experience with cross-browser and optimisation techniques
- Good knowledge of current trends, techniques and best practices
- Understanding of good UI/UX techniques
- Working experience with Bootstrap
- Good written English (GCSE English C or above)
- WooCommerce and other WordPress plugins like Gravity Forms etc.
- ACF and other builders such as this to achieve the best output for clients
- Linux / CentOS and cPanel knowledge
Nice to haves
- Being able to use Adobe software/Sketch
- Experience working in an agency
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good sense of humour
- An appreciation for food ; )
You should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, organised and accountable, and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
If you are passionate about doing some good whilst delivering great results for clients, then this could very well be the perfect role for you!
- The opportunity to be part of a small team making a difference
- The position will be primarily remote with creative and team meetings held in person (subject to current guidelines)
- A friendly, relaxed, work environment
- Two annual team events in Summer & Christmas, also with partner events throughout the year
- A sociable working environment with frequent after-work drinks, yummy meals, and more!
- Corporate pension scheme
- 28 days holiday per year
- Discretionary bonus scheme based on performance
- Training budget
- Well-being budget
- Flexible working
- Company PC or Mac provided
- We are a Living Wage Employer and this position will be remunerated based on experience.
- Please specify your salary expectation within your application
If you are passionate about doing some good whilst delivering great results for clients, then this could very well be the perfect role for you! Email us your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the above criteria to [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!
No agencies, please!