Tell us your name & what your job role is at Creative Blend?
My name is Jason and I’m a developer here at Creative Blend. In a nutshell, my role tends to come in to two forms:
1) bringing lovely visuals our designers create to life with code, to transform it from still image to a working website, or
2) speaking with clients to identify problems and opportunities with their existing sites and apps, so we can identify and execute code-based solutions.
Tell us three things you enjoy about working at Creative Blend?
- I love what I do – problem solving is fun to me, and surprisingly there’s often no one ‘correct’ way, which makes coding a surprisingly creative endeavour, in my opinion.
- We get to work with lots of different businesses and people, so it’s really nice to be able to build those relationships and get to interact directly with people, as developers often get relegated to the proverbial basement.
- We get to/have to stay on the cutting edge, and as a team, we get to discuss this all on frequent team days – so it’s nice to hash out these ideas in a fun social setting that results in some genuine impact on the way we do things.
Tell us some of your favourite places you've travelled to and why?
Leticia, Colombia – it’s a seemingly obscure spot I found just by looking on a map and deciding I’d head there, which always makes me feel pretty adventurous! It’s also a really cool place in the Jungle, with all the flare you’d expect from somewhere in South America
New Zealand – I’m sure this could be fiercely debated, but to me, it’s a lot of the good things about the USA and the UK smushed into one, with the landscape from Lord of the Rings.
Malta – so many cool buildings! If you’re into that kind of thing, which I guess I am.
What sort of TV shows & films are you into?
Pretty much all sorts as long as they aren’t horror or too close to my reality. Don’t get me wrong, I love my reality, but I can live that any time I want. So give me science fiction, Like ‘The Fifth Element’, or epic fantasy like ‘Lord of the Rings’. Special mention for films like ‘Die Hard’ or ‘Predator’ – not sure what they count as.
Any hobbies we should know about?
Travelling, working out, walking, hiking, camping – thinking drinking warm beers in a field is the same as being an ‘outdoorsman’; this last one I think may be a national pastime. Is coffee and cake a hobby?
Sign up to our monthly newsletter packed with expert marketing tips and zero spam!