Altitude Camps | Website build
Altitude Camps is a fast growing arm of the successful Altitude Ski schools in Switzerland. Based in stunning Verbier they provide day and residential summer camps for children and families.
Approaching us with an e-commerce challenge, the team wanted to maintain their Flywire payment system but bring this online to ease the experience for their customers. Alongside this, Altitude was undertaking a complete site re-design. This was a complex challenge with multiple flexible components, interactions, and needed careful consideration of the new booking flow.
In a nutshell, the brief was to deliver a completely new online experience for the brand and, more importantly, the customer. One that would do the design justice and help other new elements such as brand video shine.
It was very important for us to take time even before we won the work to really understand the challenge at hand. We investigated the options to ensure the e-commerce solution was both possible and fit-for-purpose. This resulted in a first-of-its-kind integration between the International payment provider and WordPress that our senior developer tackled with flying colours.
The booking flow had to be considered and we broke down each individual customer type and stress-tested the flow, adding the need for a basket feature. We know from our UX experience how important it is to have peace of mind at purchase, so we reviewed checkout experiences their customers would be experiencing as a benchmark.
The WordPress backend was created to allow the utmost long-term flexibility for our client. We built in functionality to control every design element quickly and easily, adding guidance into the backend directly. We believe our websites should enable clients to confidently add pages and components without having to go back to the designer or developer every time you wish to make a change. It’s part of our ethical approach.
We conducted an SEO review to find out the best way to tackle the International redirects. Once the development was complete we implemented redirects from the five language sites alongside a meta description update ready for launch. As this was a completely new site structure and booking flow we also took the extra step to add Google event tracking so Altitude Camps could monitor key steps of the conversion journey in Google Analytics.
We’re happy to say since launch we’ve received some fantastic feedback from the Altitude Camps team and we hope their new e-commerce website helps take their business to the next level.
“It was a pleasure to work with the Creative Blend team. I put the project for our new website out to 3 companies to tender and the attention to detail from the off in terms of scoping the project to send a proposal won it for me. It was great to know someone took that much care into creating a proposal which gave me the confidence that the same would happen with the site, which it did.
Our regular meetings and emails meant that I was kept in the loop with Joe, our Developer as well as Alex, our project manager. As the project came to life, we realised elements that needed improving with our new online booking option and so we had multiple tweaks and changes needed and this all took place, within the planned timeframe and we were advised on different options that may suit, helping us to decide the best solution.
We launched on time which has never happened before and not only that, but the website has been built in a way that we can expand on it in the future with new pages, all in house. I’d happily work with Creative Blend again, it has been a pleasure from start to finish.”
– Laura Turner | Director Altitude Camps
A little on the client
Altitude Camps are an incredible business offering high quality summer camps in Verbier Switzerland.
Client: Altitude Camps
Skills: Webiste development, UX, e-commerce
Release Date: 30th September, 2018
- Working with Creative Blend is great for us at Dude and Arnette, they understand exactly what we want and how we want it. Communication is quick, easy and assertive so we’re always on top. Can’t fault anyone one we’ve had contact with and we’re very happy with the work they’ve done.
- We recently established a new firm of Accountants in Brighton. Creative Blend helped and supported us through the whole process from Branding to Website. I guess we were one of those difficult clients who didn’t really know what they wanted, the team at Creative Blend helped us work that out. We found them to be flexible, patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries. Pricing options were simple and transparent, with a menu of what we might need so we could pick and choose what we wanted and understand the price. We would definitely recommend Creative Blend.
- It’s really important to us that we work with external agencies that are quick, efficient and easy to communicate with so that we can ensure our website is always performing to the best of its ability. Since working with Creative Blend, we’ve been really impressed with how they handle our (sometimes very last minute!) stream of requests and updates needed to our website, and find having a retainer very useful as we know we’re always guaranteed dedicated time to our website each month. We would highly recommend working with Creative Blend, particularly for their level of expertise and professionalism.
- I would recommend Creative Blend in a heartbeat. Working with the team was a pleasure, and their professional and hardworking ethos was evident throughout. From the start Grant worked hard to explore what we wanted out of our website and understand our industry. Communications and planning were always on point which enabled the project to run smoothly. Importantly for us Creative Blend remained flexible during the build. Our goal posts regularly changed which impacted the requirements of the site, but they rose to the occasion every time. The proof is in the pudding and they have designed and built a website we are very proud of. We can’t thank you enough for your time and effort, we are thrilled. FOX Group look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
- I worked with Grant and the team for the launching of my rebranded company. They were brilliant from start to finish, the website design was incredible and I was taken through it step by step with so much patience and care, so I could go on to make changes and manage it myself. I came in for some training on social media marketing with the team which was invaluable, I learnt how I wanted my ‘brand voice’ to sound through fun exercises and was given so many tips on SEO & Social Media, it was more than I’d hoped for. They have always been on the end of my panic emails & answer quickly and effectively, have even responded to my urgent ‘HELP ME!’ messages at the weekend. The fact that they have such a great ethical policy as well just put the cherry on the top really & I would never go elsewhere for anything to do with the marketing or design of my company.
- We have worked with Creative Blend for over 9 months now and during this time we have enjoyed great communication with friendly advice. This was a key feature throughout the build of our new website, which kept us informed and helped us make key decisions at each stage. We now look forward to continuing to work with them through out new digital projects!
- I have worked with creative blend for the design of my company website and rebranding of the logo. Grant and the team has been very reactive and helpful all the way throughout the process and the Creative blend team have been quick to understand various feedback and adapt this to the end product. I am very happy with their services and can recommend them.
- Precise, thorough and organised are some of Grants key skills, but when you add that to a great team player and a great personality, you get the complete package. His enthusiasm is second to none, but this is also backed up with excellent results. People who work with him love him and so do his clients. A great and invaluable asset to any company.
- Creative Blend have been generously contributing their skills, expertise and creative thinking to Love Is All We Need for the past 18 months. Their professional and friendly way of being is invaluable to us as a charity that exists on a purely volunteer and pro bono basis.
- I had the pleasure of working on a variety of web development projects with Grant and found his ability to get to the route of the problem invaluable. Grant has a natural skill for providing workable solutions through his designs, he fully understands potential technical limitations, keeps the end user at the core of his designs and is great at expressing his ideas to us non-designers. Grant is also an exceptional leader. He gives his team the freedom to explore new ideas and the support they need to see their work come to life. He’s encouraging and keen to develop their skills at any given opportunity.
- Grant’s good humour and amiable character making working with him a real pleasure. Throughout the eight months working with us he showed great skill in listening to our needs, taking feedback and delivering a great result. His knowledge of design and conversion have led to strong, inventive ideas that have improved our site conversion.
- Creative blend have been an absolute joy to work with. They have been kind, supportive and efficient. The whole experience of updating our website has been fantastic and we are delighted with the end result.
- Having worked with Creative Blend for over 2 years now we have really enjoyed a great working relationship. Between our in-house team and the creative & development skills at Creative Blend, we have been able to champion some exciting new projects. This has led us to innovate with new pieces of content & developments taking place. I would highly recommend them.
- Working with Creative Blend has been fantastic. Their enthusiasm, rapid response to feedback, and their diverse skillset helped us develop effective new marketing materials, site improvements, and content/SEO initiatives. A great asset to achieving our marketing goals.