Firefly PR & Communications – Multilingual Website Build
Firefly was founded in 1988 by Group CEO Claire Walker, and since then the company has gone on to help some of the biggest names in tech. Today the Firefly team has become known as ‘Reputation Shapers’ where they use their years of experience to help develop a brand or CEO’s reputation. During their time Firefly has supported many established brands such as Vimeo, Motorola and Dell.
With the Firefly team looking to push forward their new brand proposition, we were contacted to discuss how our team could support their new business objectives by creating an amazing new website!
Thankfully the team at Firefly had a very clear brief and content plan which they wished to take forward into the new build. Being a?multilingual business (English, French & German) there was an awful lot of content to feature on the new website, but as they say “Where there is a will, there is a way!”.
Coming into the briefing stages a few requirements were made very clear to us:
- The new website must be fast (the old website was not)
- There must be a focus on a clean & clear website allowing for easy access to the range of content available
- Throughout there should be a selection of subtle ‘delighters’ (branded animations for example)
- The back-end of the website must be easy to use and allow for a range of user types
(The use of must highlights the key acceptance criteria of the brief)
As part of the brief, it was also our focus to improve the SEO capabilities of the website. During the briefing, we found that each language was held on its own domain and hosting package. Of course, this isn’t an immediate problem however by having each language on a different domain the ‘SEO value’ is split into thirds. Due to this it was our recommendation to consolidate all three (DE, EN & FR) into a single domain, thereby giving maximum value in terms of SEO but also saving time & money with hosting fees!
With the ground set and one of trusty Trello boards (our project management tool which is shared between team Creative Blend & the client) packed full of tasks & deadlines, we were ready to begin!
As mentioned above, our starting place was to arrange a meeting with the Firefly team to ‘download’ as much information as we possibly could from their lovely team. During the meeting, we discussed: aspirations, business objectives, team structure, content structure, and the business direction (By taking this first step with all of our clients it helps our team to really understand what matters most to your customers!).
Moving swiftly into the design stages of the project our team first took time to read and understand the base proposition of ‘Reputation Shapers’, by taking such an action it allows our designers the opportunity to create user desires and review how they relate to each piece of content.
Once digested, we moved into the wireframe stages creating new layouts for desktops, tablets, and mobile devices – working with the toughest breakpoints (smallest mobile devices commonly used). This is all part of our due diligence to ensure the design ideas flowing into the build would be built with rigour!
Whilst the wireframe stage was underway, Liam (our SEO expert) began working with the Firefly team to review where the user demand was in their market – answering questions such as “What do my clients search for?”, “Do certain services get higher demand at different times of the year?”, “Are our clients searching for our services but using different terms?”. With our Keyword Analysis report, the Firefly team had all of this information at their disposal, this allowed them to make adjustments to their copy and provide the correct content for their customers!
Moving into the next stages we worked closely with the Firefly team to review the wireframe designs, making iterations and improvements before coming into the full digital visuals. It is during this stage where we begin to add colour, delighters, imagery, and greater detail to every pixel of the page.
Once again working through the visuals we began to iterate the designs, working with the wider team before moving into development where Joe (developer) was waiting. It was at this stage we set up the backend of the website (working on a WordPress CMS), and Joe began to flow in the new design styles, whilst bringing to life any elements of user delight (delighters).
With some great feedback from the Firefly team, we made quick improvements and before you know it we were coming into the final stages of the project. Where we began to transfer all of the lovely content, placing each section in its corresponding language area.
This led us to optimise pages for SEO benefits (title tags, meta-data and alt tags)? whilst ensuring to upload the latest sitemap into Google Console to allow the website to begin ranking as quickly as possible.?
Some highlights from the project:
- WordPress build working with some custom features to pull in new feeds and allow for ease of use
- Website training provided to adminstrators
- Ability to add in new content separated in the back end by language
- Language recognition built in to send users to the correct website language
- Tested for accessibility prior to launch
- Technical SEO best practices included
- Integrated video throughout
?The Creative Blend team did a great job building our new website. They’re a bunch of genuinely nice people, always understanding and happy to take the time to talk things through if you have questions – and did a fab job on our new site!?
– Christian Sharp | Strategy Director at Firefly Communications
A little on the client
- Since working with Creative Blend they have become like an extension to our team. They understand our business, our audience and the work they have done has helped us grow our reach and authority. They are full of great ideas for our next steps and have helped us develop as a team in the social media sphere.
- Working with Creative Blend is great for us at Dude and Arnette, they understand exactly what we want and how we want it. Communication is quick, easy and assertive so we?re always on top. Can?t fault anyone one we?ve had contact with and we?re very happy with the work they?ve done.
- We recently established a new firm of Accountants in Brighton. Creative Blend helped and supported us through the whole process from Branding to Website. I guess we were one of those difficult clients who didn?t really know what they wanted, the team at Creative Blend helped us work that out. We found them to be flexible, patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries. Pricing options were simple and transparent, with a menu of what we might need so we could pick and choose what we wanted and understand the price. We would definitely recommend Creative Blend.
- It?s really important to us that we work with external agencies that are quick, efficient and easy to communicate with so that we can ensure our website is always performing to the best of its ability. Since working with Creative Blend, we?ve been really impressed with how they handle our (sometimes very last minute!) stream of requests and updates needed to our website, and find having a retainer very useful as we know we?re always guaranteed dedicated time to our website each month. We would highly recommend working with Creative Blend, particularly for their level of expertise and professionalism.
- I would recommend Creative Blend in a heartbeat. Working with the team was a pleasure, and their professional and hardworking ethos was evident throughout. From the start Grant worked hard to explore what we wanted out of our website and understand our industry. Communications and planning were always on point which enabled the project to run smoothly. Importantly for us Creative Blend remained flexible during the build. Our goal posts regularly changed which impacted the requirements of the site, but they rose to the occasion every time. The proof is in the pudding and they have designed and built a website we are very proud of. We can?t thank you enough for your time and effort, we are thrilled. FOX Group look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
- I worked with Grant and the team for the launching of my rebranded company. They were brilliant from start to finish, the website design was incredible and I was taken through it step by step with so much patience and care, so I could go on to make changes and manage it myself. I came in for some training on social media marketing with the team which was invaluable, I learnt how I wanted my ?brand voice? to sound through fun exercises and was given so many tips on SEO & Social Media, it was more than I?d hoped for. They have always been on the end of my panic emails & answer quickly and effectively, have even responded to my urgent ?HELP ME!? messages at the weekend. The fact that they have such a great ethical policy as well just put the cherry on the top really & I would never go elsewhere for anything to do with the marketing or design of my company.
- We have worked with Creative Blend for over 9 months now and during this time we have enjoyed great communication with friendly advice. This was a key feature throughout the build of our new website, which kept us informed and helped us make key decisions at each stage. We now look forward to continuing to work with them through out new digital projects!
- I have worked with creative blend for the design of my company website and rebranding of the logo. Grant and the team has been very reactive and helpful all the way throughout the process and the Creative blend team have been quick to understand various feedback and adapt this to the end product. I am very happy with their services and can recommend them.
- Precise, thorough and organised are some of Grants key skills, but when you add that to a great team player and a great personality, you get the complete package. His enthusiasm is second to none, but this is also backed up with excellent results. People who work with him love him and so do his clients. A great and invaluable asset to any company.
- Creative Blend have been generously contributing their skills, expertise and creative thinking to Love Is All We Need for the past 18 months. Their professional and friendly way of being is invaluable to us as a charity that exists on a purely volunteer and pro bono basis.
- I had the pleasure of working on a variety of web development projects with Grant and found his ability to get to the route of the problem invaluable. Grant has a natural skill for providing workable solutions through his designs, he fully understands potential technical limitations, keeps the end user at the core of his designs and is great at expressing his ideas to us non-designers. Grant is also an exceptional leader. He gives his team the freedom to explore new ideas and the support they need to see their work come to life. He?s encouraging and keen to develop their skills at any given opportunity.
- Grant?s good humour and amiable character making working with him a real pleasure. Throughout the eight months working with us he showed great skill in listening to our needs, taking feedback and delivering a great result. His knowledge of design and conversion have led to strong, inventive ideas that have improved our site conversion.
- Creative blend have been an absolute joy to work with.? They have been kind, supportive and efficient.? The whole experience of updating our website has been fantastic and we are delighted with the end result.
- Having worked with Creative Blend for over 2 years now we have really enjoyed a great working relationship. Between our in-house team and the creative & development skills at Creative Blend, we have been able to champion some exciting new projects. This has led us to innovate with new pieces of content & developments taking place. I would highly recommend them.
- Working with Creative Blend has been fantastic. Their enthusiasm, rapid response to feedback, and their diverse skillset helped us develop effective new marketing materials, site improvements, and content/SEO initiatives. A great asset to achieving our marketing goals.