Princess Alice Hospice | Santa Fun
Santa Fun Run is a charitable Event run by the wonderful team of people over at Princess Alice Hospice (PAH). People who attend, dress up as Santa and run a 5K; you can even take your dog as your own Santa’s little helper! 🐶
PAH came to us to take over the maintenance of the site and to work on any UI, accessibility, and functionality improvements in preparation for their next event. We at Creative Blend couldn’t wait to get started!
Working with Grant and the Creative Blend Team has been a pleasure. They’ve understood our needs as a charity well, they’re responsive, they’re proactive, they work efficiently and find efficient ways to do things. Regular communication and I always feel confident that they’ll sort things out quickly if there’s an issue. Would definitely recommend!
As mentioned above, the site was already created for previous Santa fun runs and we were tasked with maintaining and updating the site. Upon taking over the site we had a review process to look for any updates that would help improve, simplify the user sign-up process, and enable easy-to-make updates for the PAH team. Some of the updates are as follows:
- Reduce the number of fields on the event sign-up form.
- Refactored the spacing in and around buttons.
- Improved the colour contrast of buttons background and text for accessibility purposes.
- Simplifying the process of updating web page content, was done by converting static sections of the site into easily dynamic elements that can be easily updated by the PAH team.
- Spacing and active states for input fields.
- Copy changes to improve readability
Following these updates we were ready to launch the refactored Santa Fun Run website and event which you find here
What are your challenges?