St. John’s School & College | Website Build
At Creative Blend we are privileged to work with some of the brightest minds in both business and in the charity sector. People with such passion it really does make creating new brands, websites, marketing campaigns a joy!
Our next case study is from a client who very much fits this profile. St. John’s School & College have been part of Brighton since 1886 where the support of those who need care and education began. Today St. John’s provides expert care and education to their student’s across the school in Seaford and college in Brighton.
Since 2018 we have provided digital support (training, development and consultation) to the St. John’s team aiding them to tell their story and reach a new range of students. Because of this when the team came to us to discuss the dream of a new website, where they could freely edit, add new policies, add great new images, whilst providing details to Ofsted we were keen to help.
Our first step was to create a formal brief and to have a better understanding of what the team wanted from the project, looking at measures of success and aspiration points during the build.
After an in-depth kick off meeting with the St. John’s board we were ready to make a start!
Sadly the previous website didn’t have any analytics setup, or prior user data from a quantitive or qualitative standpoint. Because of this we started the project with a mini website audit to better understand potential user behaviour whilst exploring their wider market place.
After plotting out the key project acceptance criteria and areas we believe would present worth while opportunities we got cracking with the initial stages of the website build starting with the sign off of a new website sitemap. This stage is of vital importance to guide not only the new content (copy) creation but also to provide us a ‘home’ point where we can reference through out the creation of the website.
Once signed off we then moved into the design & build phase where our code ninja Jason began to flex his skills to take the aspirations of St. John’s into some initial layouts for them to review.
With some great feedback from the St. John’s team we adapt the initial pages, provided a wider range of media types and moved into the development stages of the project. Through out we worked closely with the St. John’s team to tweak and advise on the newly created website content.
After a few rounds of design alterations, whilst adding new social feeds and policies the end was in sight! We presented the new website to the board in February 2020 where we were delighted to receive a ‘green light’ to launch.
Some highlights from the project:
- WordPress build working with some custom features to pull in new feeds and allow for ease of use
- Ability to add in new fundraising and donation methods
- Ofsted approval guidance adhered to through out
- Tested for accessibility prior to launch
- Technical SEO best practices included
- Integrated video through out
“I have worked with Creative Blend on a professional level for a while now. They have developed our new website and done a great deal of good work for us as a charity. Grant Jennings is a highly-skilled and effective Creative Consultant and website-developer. He is extremely helpful and polite. He will come and work and train in-house where needed and always keeps to deadlines. Jason Danes has also done lots of good work for us, particularly with regards to imagery, graphics and ensuring content is crisp and clear…”
– Sian Hamilton | St. John’s School & College
A little on the client
St. John’s School & College have been part of Brighton since 1886 where the support of those who need care and education began. Today St. John’s provides expert care and education to their student’s across the school in Seaford and college in Brighton.
Client: St. John’s School & College
Release Date: March 2020
- Working with Creative Blend is great for us at Dude and Arnette, they understand exactly what we want and how we want it. Communication is quick, easy and assertive so we’re always on top. Can’t fault anyone one we’ve had contact with and we’re very happy with the work they’ve done.
- We recently established a new firm of Accountants in Brighton. Creative Blend helped and supported us through the whole process from Branding to Website. I guess we were one of those difficult clients who didn’t really know what they wanted, the team at Creative Blend helped us work that out. We found them to be flexible, patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries. Pricing options were simple and transparent, with a menu of what we might need so we could pick and choose what we wanted and understand the price. We would definitely recommend Creative Blend.
- It’s really important to us that we work with external agencies that are quick, efficient and easy to communicate with so that we can ensure our website is always performing to the best of its ability. Since working with Creative Blend, we’ve been really impressed with how they handle our (sometimes very last minute!) stream of requests and updates needed to our website, and find having a retainer very useful as we know we’re always guaranteed dedicated time to our website each month. We would highly recommend working with Creative Blend, particularly for their level of expertise and professionalism.
- I would recommend Creative Blend in a heartbeat. Working with the team was a pleasure, and their professional and hardworking ethos was evident throughout. From the start Grant worked hard to explore what we wanted out of our website and understand our industry. Communications and planning were always on point which enabled the project to run smoothly. Importantly for us Creative Blend remained flexible during the build. Our goal posts regularly changed which impacted the requirements of the site, but they rose to the occasion every time. The proof is in the pudding and they have designed and built a website we are very proud of. We can’t thank you enough for your time and effort, we are thrilled. FOX Group look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
- I worked with Grant and the team for the launching of my rebranded company. They were brilliant from start to finish, the website design was incredible and I was taken through it step by step with so much patience and care, so I could go on to make changes and manage it myself. I came in for some training on social media marketing with the team which was invaluable, I learnt how I wanted my ‘brand voice’ to sound through fun exercises and was given so many tips on SEO & Social Media, it was more than I’d hoped for. They have always been on the end of my panic emails & answer quickly and effectively, have even responded to my urgent ‘HELP ME!’ messages at the weekend. The fact that they have such a great ethical policy as well just put the cherry on the top really & I would never go elsewhere for anything to do with the marketing or design of my company.
- We have worked with Creative Blend for over 9 months now and during this time we have enjoyed great communication with friendly advice. This was a key feature throughout the build of our new website, which kept us informed and helped us make key decisions at each stage. We now look forward to continuing to work with them through out new digital projects!
- I have worked with creative blend for the design of my company website and rebranding of the logo. Grant and the team has been very reactive and helpful all the way throughout the process and the Creative blend team have been quick to understand various feedback and adapt this to the end product. I am very happy with their services and can recommend them.
- Precise, thorough and organised are some of Grants key skills, but when you add that to a great team player and a great personality, you get the complete package. His enthusiasm is second to none, but this is also backed up with excellent results. People who work with him love him and so do his clients. A great and invaluable asset to any company.
- Creative Blend have been generously contributing their skills, expertise and creative thinking to Love Is All We Need for the past 18 months. Their professional and friendly way of being is invaluable to us as a charity that exists on a purely volunteer and pro bono basis.
- I had the pleasure of working on a variety of web development projects with Grant and found his ability to get to the route of the problem invaluable. Grant has a natural skill for providing workable solutions through his designs, he fully understands potential technical limitations, keeps the end user at the core of his designs and is great at expressing his ideas to us non-designers. Grant is also an exceptional leader. He gives his team the freedom to explore new ideas and the support they need to see their work come to life. He’s encouraging and keen to develop their skills at any given opportunity.
- Grant’s good humour and amiable character making working with him a real pleasure. Throughout the eight months working with us he showed great skill in listening to our needs, taking feedback and delivering a great result. His knowledge of design and conversion have led to strong, inventive ideas that have improved our site conversion.
- Creative blend have been an absolute joy to work with. They have been kind, supportive and efficient. The whole experience of updating our website has been fantastic and we are delighted with the end result.
- Having worked with Creative Blend for over 2 years now we have really enjoyed a great working relationship. Between our in-house team and the creative & development skills at Creative Blend, we have been able to champion some exciting new projects. This has led us to innovate with new pieces of content & developments taking place. I would highly recommend them.
- Working with Creative Blend has been fantastic. Their enthusiasm, rapid response to feedback, and their diverse skillset helped us develop effective new marketing materials, site improvements, and content/SEO initiatives. A great asset to achieving our marketing goals.