The Sentence Works | Website build
The Sentence Works are a husband and wife team who really do prove two-heads are better than one. Judy & Adrian both have a well established background in journalism working for some of the worlds biggest publications.
Combining their skills together The Sentence Works team provide services in content & copywriting, Editing and Training courses (now online as well) to get your sentences working better for you!
Upon first meeting Judy at the Brighton and Hove Chamber event in 2017, it was clear the previous brand and website was outdated and Judy wanted to re-launch The Sentence Works with a fresh, new, & striking look!
In a nutshell the brief was to make The Sentence Works standout, whilst providing a more succinct user experience online making services clearer and easier to acquire.
During the project we created the following elements; new logo design coupled with a new icon/mark, a new colour palette, business cards and finally leading us to the new website with an improved user experience.
Our first step to the project was to better understand the services and the future plans for The Sentence Works. After extended talks we agreed the proposition on the old website was confusing. By working on the IA & UI of the website along with simplifying the content, our belief was that if we created something more usable, simple and ultimately accessible this would lead to more conversions (simple right)!
Now that this was understood, we moved our attentions onto the branding (click the link to read about the branding project). Whilst the branding was being developed our Digital team moved to focus on the website, taking into account the primary focus was to ensure the journey, message and services were as clear as possible. With this in mind our design & development team worked together to produce the website that is now seen online. By utilising service landing pages and splitting out their product range the breakdown of content allowed for bite-sized information with clear call-to-actions. Coupled with some new imagery taken on the South Downs the website was ready!
We?re happy to say since launch we?ve received some fantastic feedback from The Sentence Works team and we hope the new website & brand help them bring more great content experiences!
?We wanted to rebrand to bring all elements of our business together.? Creative Blend designed our new logo and website and were incredibly easy to work with. They were very responsive to all of our questions and suggestions. We?re really pleased with our new website, which looks fantastic.?
– Judy Yorke | Owner The Sentence Works
As Chamber members we look forward to future interactions with The Sentence Works team and we’re glad they love their new website & brand!
A little on the client
The Sentence Works are a lovely couple who do great things with the written word & they can help make your content really work!
Client: The Sentence Works
Skills: Brand creation, Design, UX, front-end development
Release Date: 1st August, 2018
- Since working with Creative Blend they have become like an extension to our team. They understand our business, our audience and the work they have done has helped us grow our reach and authority. They are full of great ideas for our next steps and have helped us develop as a team in the social media sphere.
- Working with Creative Blend is great for us at Dude and Arnette, they understand exactly what we want and how we want it. Communication is quick, easy and assertive so we're always on top. Can't fault anyone one we've had contact with and we're very happy with the work they've done.
- We recently established a new firm of Accountants in Brighton. Creative Blend helped and supported us through the whole process from Branding to Website. I guess we were one of those difficult clients who didn't really know what they wanted, the team at Creative Blend helped us work that out. We found them to be flexible, patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries. Pricing options were simple and transparent, with a menu of what we might need so we could pick and choose what we wanted and understand the price. We would definitely recommend Creative Blend.
- It's really important to us that we work with external agencies that are quick, efficient and easy to communicate with so that we can ensure our website is always performing to the best of its ability. Since working with Creative Blend, we've been really impressed with how they handle our (sometimes very last minute!) stream of requests and updates needed to our website, and find having a retainer very useful as we know we're always guaranteed dedicated time to our website each month. We would highly recommend working with Creative Blend, particularly for their level of expertise and professionalism.
- I would recommend Creative Blend in a heartbeat. Working with the team was a pleasure, and their professional and hardworking ethos was evident throughout. From the start Grant worked hard to explore what we wanted out of our website and understand our industry. Communications and planning were always on point which enabled the project to run smoothly. Importantly for us Creative Blend remained flexible during the build. Our goal posts regularly changed which impacted the requirements of the site, but they rose to the occasion every time. The proof is in the pudding and they have designed and built a website we are very proud of. We can't thank you enough for your time and effort, we are thrilled. FOX Group look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
- I worked with Grant and the team for the launching of my rebranded company. They were brilliant from start to finish, the website design was incredible and I was taken through it step by step with so much patience and care, so I could go on to make changes and manage it myself. I came in for some training on social media marketing with the team which was invaluable, I learnt how I wanted my brand voice to sound through fun exercises and was given so many tips on SEO & Social Media, it was more than I'd hoped for. They have always been on the end of my panic emails & answer quickly and effectively, have even responded to my urgent HELP ME!? messages at the weekend. The fact that they have such a great ethical policy as well just put the cherry on the top really & I would never go elsewhere for anything to do with the marketing or design of my company.
- We have worked with Creative Blend for over 9 months now and during this time we have enjoyed great communication with friendly advice. This was a key feature throughout the build of our new website, which kept us informed and helped us make key decisions at each stage. We now look forward to continuing to work with them through out new digital projects!
- I have worked with creative blend for the design of my company website and rebranding of the logo. Grant and the team has been very reactive and helpful all the way throughout the process and the Creative blend team have been quick to understand various feedback and adapt this to the end product. I am very happy with their services and can recommend them.
- Precise, thorough and organised are some of Grants key skills, but when you add that to a great team player and a great personality, you get the complete package. His enthusiasm is second to none, but this is also backed up with excellent results. People who work with him love him and so do his clients. A great and invaluable asset to any company.
- Creative Blend have been generously contributing their skills, expertise and creative thinking to Love Is All We Need for the past 18 months. Their professional and friendly way of being is invaluable to us as a charity that exists on a purely volunteer and pro bono basis.
- I had the pleasure of working on a variety of web development projects with Grant and found his ability to get to the route of the problem invaluable. Grant has a natural skill for providing workable solutions through his designs, he fully understands potential technical limitations, keeps the end user at the core of his designs and is great at expressing his ideas to us non-designers. Grant is also an exceptional leader. He gives his team the freedom to explore new ideas and the support they need to see their work come to life. He?s encouraging and keen to develop their skills at any given opportunity.
- Grant?s good humour and amiable character making working with him a real pleasure. Throughout the eight months working with us he showed great skill in listening to our needs, taking feedback and delivering a great result. His knowledge of design and conversion have led to strong, inventive ideas that have improved our site conversion.
- Creative blend have been an absolute joy to work with.? They have been kind, supportive and efficient.? The whole experience of updating our website has been fantastic and we are delighted with the end result.
- Having worked with Creative Blend for over 2 years now we have really enjoyed a great working relationship. Between our in-house team and the creative & development skills at Creative Blend, we have been able to champion some exciting new projects. This has led us to innovate with new pieces of content & developments taking place. I would highly recommend them.
- Working with Creative Blend has been fantastic. Their enthusiasm, rapid response to feedback, and their diverse skillset helped us develop effective new marketing materials, site improvements, and content/SEO initiatives. A great asset to achieving our marketing goals.