West & Berry | Branding
West & Berry are a Brighton-based accountancy and auditing firm led by Michelle Westbury – an experienced chartered accountant with a passion for supporting charities and non for profit organisations. Michelle had decided it was time to bring her brand to life, so she was after a logo, a website and of course, business cards!
Michelle had a very clear idea of what the brand identity had to communicate:
- It had to be calm – reflected in the fact that West & Berry take the stress out of money matters
- It had to be simple – as a company, they don’t like to overcomplicate things.
- It had to be friendly – because they care about you and your organisation.
- It had to inspire trust – to reinforce that your business is in safe hands with West & Berry.
The logo had to be simple, sophisticated, stylish and tasteful.
Working with clients that have a clear idea of what they want it’s always helpful, and Michelle was no exception. After a kick-off meeting to understand the Team’s wishes and desires, we did some research on their market to get a better idea of which direction to take.
Our branding expert Chloe went away and (as always) came back with some amazing initial sketches. Chloe has an excellent natural ability to translate ideas into images, in a way that reflects personality and sentiment. Moving swiftly we created a colour palette and supporting logo structure that would work with each of the main streams of their business.
Keeping the branding and website together with one agency meant that the team could enjoy a joined-up approach to how the brand was experienced online, from calls to action to use of photography.
“We recently established a new firm of Accountants in Brighton. Creative Blend helped and supported us through the whole process from Branding to Website. We found them to be flexible, patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries. Pricing options were simple and transparent, with a menu of what we might need so we could pick and choose what we wanted and understand the price. We would definitely recommend Creative Blend.”
– Michelle | Founder and Owner, West & Berry
A little on the client
West & Berry are a Brighton-based accountancy firm who offer a range of services including but not limited to: accounting, audit, tax, charities and Xero.
Client: West & Berry
Skills: Brand creation, Design, UX, front-end development, SEO, copywriting
Release Date: 12th August 2019
- Since working with Creative Blend they have become like an extension to our team. They understand our business, our audience and the work they have done has helped us grow our reach and authority. They are full of great ideas for our next steps and have helped us develop as a team in the social media sphere.
- Working with Creative Blend is great for us at Dude and Arnette, they understand exactly what we want and how we want it. Communication is quick, easy and assertive so we’re always on top. Can’t fault anyone one we’ve had contact with and we’re very happy with the work they’ve done.
- We recently established a new firm of Accountants in Brighton. Creative Blend helped and supported us through the whole process from Branding to Website. I guess we were one of those difficult clients who didn’t really know what they wanted, the team at Creative Blend helped us work that out. We found them to be flexible, patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries. Pricing options were simple and transparent, with a menu of what we might need so we could pick and choose what we wanted and understand the price. We would definitely recommend Creative Blend.
- It’s really important to us that we work with external agencies that are quick, efficient and easy to communicate with so that we can ensure our website is always performing to the best of its ability. Since working with Creative Blend, we’ve been really impressed with how they handle our (sometimes very last minute!) stream of requests and updates needed to our website, and find having a retainer very useful as we know we’re always guaranteed dedicated time to our website each month. We would highly recommend working with Creative Blend, particularly for their level of expertise and professionalism.
- I would recommend Creative Blend in a heartbeat. Working with the team was a pleasure, and their professional and hardworking ethos was evident throughout. From the start Grant worked hard to explore what we wanted out of our website and understand our industry. Communications and planning were always on point which enabled the project to run smoothly. Importantly for us Creative Blend remained flexible during the build. Our goal posts regularly changed which impacted the requirements of the site, but they rose to the occasion every time. The proof is in the pudding and they have designed and built a website we are very proud of. We can’t thank you enough for your time and effort, we are thrilled. FOX Group look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
- I worked with Grant and the team for the launching of my rebranded company. They were brilliant from start to finish, the website design was incredible and I was taken through it step by step with so much patience and care, so I could go on to make changes and manage it myself. I came in for some training on social media marketing with the team which was invaluable, I learnt how I wanted my ‘brand voice’ to sound through fun exercises and was given so many tips on SEO & Social Media, it was more than I’d hoped for. They have always been on the end of my panic emails & answer quickly and effectively, have even responded to my urgent ‘HELP ME!’ messages at the weekend. The fact that they have such a great ethical policy as well just put the cherry on the top really & I would never go elsewhere for anything to do with the marketing or design of my company.
- We have worked with Creative Blend for over 9 months now and during this time we have enjoyed great communication with friendly advice. This was a key feature throughout the build of our new website, which kept us informed and helped us make key decisions at each stage. We now look forward to continuing to work with them through out new digital projects!
- I have worked with creative blend for the design of my company website and rebranding of the logo. Grant and the team has been very reactive and helpful all the way throughout the process and the Creative blend team have been quick to understand various feedback and adapt this to the end product. I am very happy with their services and can recommend them.
- Precise, thorough and organised are some of Grants key skills, but when you add that to a great team player and a great personality, you get the complete package. His enthusiasm is second to none, but this is also backed up with excellent results. People who work with him love him and so do his clients. A great and invaluable asset to any company.
- Creative Blend have been generously contributing their skills, expertise and creative thinking to Love Is All We Need for the past 18 months. Their professional and friendly way of being is invaluable to us as a charity that exists on a purely volunteer and pro bono basis.
- I had the pleasure of working on a variety of web development projects with Grant and found his ability to get to the route of the problem invaluable. Grant has a natural skill for providing workable solutions through his designs, he fully understands potential technical limitations, keeps the end user at the core of his designs and is great at expressing his ideas to us non-designers. Grant is also an exceptional leader. He gives his team the freedom to explore new ideas and the support they need to see their work come to life. He’s encouraging and keen to develop their skills at any given opportunity.
- Grant’s good humour and amiable character making working with him a real pleasure. Throughout the eight months working with us he showed great skill in listening to our needs, taking feedback and delivering a great result. His knowledge of design and conversion have led to strong, inventive ideas that have improved our site conversion.
- Creative blend have been an absolute joy to work with. They have been kind, supportive and efficient. The whole experience of updating our website has been fantastic and we are delighted with the end result.
- Having worked with Creative Blend for over 2 years now we have really enjoyed a great working relationship. Between our in-house team and the creative & development skills at Creative Blend, we have been able to champion some exciting new projects. This has led us to innovate with new pieces of content & developments taking place. I would highly recommend them.
- Working with Creative Blend has been fantastic. Their enthusiasm, rapid response to feedback, and their diverse skillset helped us develop effective new marketing materials, site improvements, and content/SEO initiatives. A great asset to achieving our marketing goals.