Whoopsadaisy | Marketing basics training
Whoopsadaisy are a wonderful local charity who help children with cerebral palsy and other motor conditions to reach their full potential. We’ve been working with Whoopsadaisy all this year as part of our charity commitment to incrementally improve their website, adding video capabilities and improving the user experience without them having to invest in a redesign.?
Running with a very small team, it’s certainly ‘all hands on deck’ and we wanted to help the team feel confident tackling some basic parts of their marketing.
We planned half a day training with the core team on marketing basics, tailored to them, on WordPress, Mailchimp and Social Media. The aim was not to teach them everything about these tools, but teach them smart ways to get the most out of them in the little time they have available.
It’s an important part of being an ethical agency to empower our clients, so it was great to put this together and work through it collaboratively. We made sure to use relevant examples, practical walk-throughs and simple language to make the session both accessible and useful (we even got quite a number of jobs and fixes done during the session as we went!).
We taught the team how to update their WordPress site themselves to keep it up to date, and how to add new events and a news area, leaving behind a dummy post full of instructions and handy tips. We then walked through social media talking about which platforms were right for them, time-saving tricks and how to make social work harder as a fundraising tool. Finally, we taught the team how to pick up Mailchimp and the best ways to start growing their list.
It was important throughout to not only capture any other frustrations or questions but also to plan out future ambitions and hopes as the charity grows. We also went over latest best practice required by businesses to conform with GDPR.
?Three of us from Whoopsadaisy charity attended a presentation with Alex at Creative Blend ? the workshop was tailored for all our specific needs ? she was well prepared, informative, thorough and very professional. I would highly recommend her to any business who needs help with any of their digital problems.?
– Caroline Matanle | Corporate & Community Fundraiser Whoopsadaisy
We look forward to supporting the team as they put their learnings into action. Visit the Whoopsadaisy website here.
A little on the client
Whoopsadaisy are based in Preston Park and support babies and children with cerebral palsy
Skills: Website training, email marketing, social media
Release Date: October 2018
- Since working with Creative Blend they have become like an extension to our team. They understand our business, our audience and the work they have done has helped us grow our reach and authority. They are full of great ideas for our next steps and have helped us develop as a team in the social media sphere.
- Working with Creative Blend is great for us at Dude and Arnette, they understand exactly what we want and how we want it. Communication is quick, easy and assertive so we?re always on top. Can?t fault anyone one we?ve had contact with and we?re very happy with the work they?ve done.
- We recently established a new firm of Accountants in Brighton. Creative Blend helped and supported us through the whole process from Branding to Website. I guess we were one of those difficult clients who didn?t really know what they wanted, the team at Creative Blend helped us work that out. We found them to be flexible, patient, knowledgeable and quick to respond to queries. Pricing options were simple and transparent, with a menu of what we might need so we could pick and choose what we wanted and understand the price. We would definitely recommend Creative Blend.
- It?s really important to us that we work with external agencies that are quick, efficient and easy to communicate with so that we can ensure our website is always performing to the best of its ability. Since working with Creative Blend, we?ve been really impressed with how they handle our (sometimes very last minute!) stream of requests and updates needed to our website, and find having a retainer very useful as we know we?re always guaranteed dedicated time to our website each month. We would highly recommend working with Creative Blend, particularly for their level of expertise and professionalism.
- I would recommend Creative Blend in a heartbeat. Working with the team was a pleasure, and their professional and hardworking ethos was evident throughout. From the start Grant worked hard to explore what we wanted out of our website and understand our industry. Communications and planning were always on point which enabled the project to run smoothly. Importantly for us Creative Blend remained flexible during the build. Our goal posts regularly changed which impacted the requirements of the site, but they rose to the occasion every time. The proof is in the pudding and they have designed and built a website we are very proud of. We can?t thank you enough for your time and effort, we are thrilled. FOX Group look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
- I worked with Grant and the team for the launching of my rebranded company. They were brilliant from start to finish, the website design was incredible and I was taken through it step by step with so much patience and care, so I could go on to make changes and manage it myself. I came in for some training on social media marketing with the team which was invaluable, I learnt how I wanted my ?brand voice? to sound through fun exercises and was given so many tips on SEO & Social Media, it was more than I?d hoped for. They have always been on the end of my panic emails & answer quickly and effectively, have even responded to my urgent ?HELP ME!? messages at the weekend. The fact that they have such a great ethical policy as well just put the cherry on the top really & I would never go elsewhere for anything to do with the marketing or design of my company.
- We have worked with Creative Blend for over 9 months now and during this time we have enjoyed great communication with friendly advice. This was a key feature throughout the build of our new website, which kept us informed and helped us make key decisions at each stage. We now look forward to continuing to work with them through out new digital projects!
- I have worked with creative blend for the design of my company website and rebranding of the logo. Grant and the team has been very reactive and helpful all the way throughout the process and the Creative blend team have been quick to understand various feedback and adapt this to the end product. I am very happy with their services and can recommend them.
- Precise, thorough and organised are some of Grants key skills, but when you add that to a great team player and a great personality, you get the complete package. His enthusiasm is second to none, but this is also backed up with excellent results. People who work with him love him and so do his clients. A great and invaluable asset to any company.
- Creative Blend have been generously contributing their skills, expertise and creative thinking to Love Is All We Need for the past 18 months. Their professional and friendly way of being is invaluable to us as a charity that exists on a purely volunteer and pro bono basis.
- I had the pleasure of working on a variety of web development projects with Grant and found his ability to get to the route of the problem invaluable. Grant has a natural skill for providing workable solutions through his designs, he fully understands potential technical limitations, keeps the end user at the core of his designs and is great at expressing his ideas to us non-designers. Grant is also an exceptional leader. He gives his team the freedom to explore new ideas and the support they need to see their work come to life. He?s encouraging and keen to develop their skills at any given opportunity.
- Grant?s good humour and amiable character making working with him a real pleasure. Throughout the eight months working with us he showed great skill in listening to our needs, taking feedback and delivering a great result. His knowledge of design and conversion have led to strong, inventive ideas that have improved our site conversion.
- Creative blend have been an absolute joy to work with.? They have been kind, supportive and efficient.? The whole experience of updating our website has been fantastic and we are delighted with the end result.
- Having worked with Creative Blend for over 2 years now we have really enjoyed a great working relationship. Between our in-house team and the creative & development skills at Creative Blend, we have been able to champion some exciting new projects. This has led us to innovate with new pieces of content & developments taking place. I would highly recommend them.
- Working with Creative Blend has been fantastic. Their enthusiasm, rapid response to feedback, and their diverse skillset helped us develop effective new marketing materials, site improvements, and content/SEO initiatives. A great asset to achieving our marketing goals.