Vacancy: Marketing Executive (part-time)
*This position is now closed*
Are you a marketing ninja looking for an exciting opportunity in Brighton? Well, you might be in luck!
We are Creative Blend, a small team of creatives, foodie aficionados, passionate about delivering excellent results for our clients and supporting local charities in our community.
As a team, we have known each other for many years working across many projects and businesses. This has allowed us to build a business that really focuses on relationships with our clients and our own internal team.
We offer our clients a range of services from design through to app development, so there will be plenty of room to develop your own understanding of each of these skills from a selection of the most creative digital experts around.
Okay, enough about us! Here’s the job description for you:
Job Overview: Marketing Executive
Part time, temp, remote (working 22hrs/week)
This role is set for an individual who already has marketing experience and is looking for an opportunity to work for a growing digital business where they can make a difference to both our clients and our community.
We are looking for someone with a real love of digital and a desire to progress their understanding of social, content/copywriting, SEO, branding and creative projects. The role will allow plenty of opportunities for creative hands-on work on a day-to-day basis, whilst also giving you the freedom to develop the position for yourself.
We look for the best people – positive-minded, enthusiastic, bright, and creative individuals. Our marketing team ninjas are expected to love writing (whether is a tweet or a case study), someone who takes pride in the decisions made in each campaign and communicates with the user in mind.
The ideal candidate needs to be a motivated, quick self-learner, but also be able to take instruction and be comfortable working well with others, both online and face-to-face (if required).
- Helping to promote Creative Blend; communicating brand messages, our focus on local community & service range working alongside Digital Marketing Manager
- Working with the team to support & implement client campaigns and realise objectives/goals
- Attending weekly team meetings
- Producing market research and competitor analysis documents (working alongside Digital Marketing Manager)
- Actively participating in reviewing marketing activity including analysing results, identifying lessons learned, and sharing best practices
- Taking part in idea generation sessions for social media campaigns or blog content and then making them happen!
- Continually seek to improve the customer experience by listening to and acting on client needs
- Prepare and update reporting and presentation materials and collateral
- Uploading content to different websites using WordPress and Squarespace
- Creating blog posts about different topics and for different audiences
- Creating social media updates for different audiences and scheduling them
- Liaising with different team members within the business to identify target areas and marketing opportunities
- Support the day-to-day handling of social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, adapting content to suit different channels
- Support and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- Monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook insights (with training)
- Design engaging graphics (for social media, newsletters, presentations, reports) using Canva (with training)
- Curating content and sending our monthly newsletters using Mailchimp
- Keep our lovely clients updated with projects and deliverabl
- Minimum 2 years working in a marketing team
- Excellent written English
- Great attention to detail (very important)
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Experience using social media for business
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise
- Experience using Google Analytics (creating reports & analysing data)
- Experience with marketing strategy
- Facebook for business
- Twitter for business
- LinkedIn for business
- Instagram for business
- Creative and able to think outside of the box
- Great communicator
- Comfortable working on your own and as part of a team
- Highly organised and can manage your own time
- Ability to prioritise your own workload
- Comfortable asking for help
- Genuine passion to learn
- Comfortable liaising with clients
- Likes to do good in the world
Additional information and benefits
- The position will be a mix of remote & office-based work, with creative and team meetings held in person (subject to current COVID guidelines)
- Following a successful initial term, there is the opportunity for the role to be made permanent (if mutually agreed)
- The opportunity to be part of a small team making a difference
- Two annual team events in Summer & Christmas bringing together the larger team. Also with partner events throughout the year
- Sociable working environment with frequent after work drinks, BBQs, dinners, pub quizzes and lots more (subject to current Gov guidelines)
- Corporate pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme based on performance
- Annual training budget
- Annual wellbeing budget
- Company PC or Mac provided
*No Agencies please*
1.- If this sounds like you, please email your CV with a covering letter stating:
- How your relevant experience relates to this job
- Why you want to work for Creative Blend (no marketing jazz, just your honest thoughts!)
- What you are hoping to gain from the role
2. – After reviewing applications, short-listed candidates will have to complete a short task to show their writing and creative style
3. – Video interviews will be arranged to get a feel for each other and ask any questions